Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My High Carb diet and it Works



I'm Changing my high protein low carb diet to the complete opposite after reading the following postd by Markus R. One of Mentzers Clients. After doing this High carb diet i feel more full satisfied and vascular.

"Mike trained me prior to a contest in 1997 where I competed as a Heavyweight. I was about 8 weeks out and doing low carbs and high protein - I did not tell Mike about that because I did not wanna piss him off since I knew his stand on it - lol - another 2-3 weeks past and my bodyfat did not really change a whole lot - my progress kinda slowed down and I felt flat and had a soft appearance to my skin. So I got nervous and told Mike that I was doing all this protein, he looked at me and ask me why ? - I always remember him telling me that carbohydrates are like dry logs, when thrown into a fire the fire burns hotter - add protein and its like adding wet logs to it...the fire goes out - as in the fat burning slows down.

So I decide to just let him guide me on the diet for the last 4 weeks before my big appearance...now here comes the crazy thing...

Mike tells me to drop my protein to no more then 80-100 grams a day total! - I thought he was nuts..but I decided to try it. He had me eat mostly carbs at this point. maybe around 400-500 grams per day! (on a diet!) - the fats stayed very low of course but I was finally be able to enjoy brown rice, pasta and yams again (love yams!) - the results of this "diet switch" were veins running down my legs and abs that looked like out of a anatomy chart - my bodyfat dropped so low I could not regnonize myself - my muscles got even stronger and fuller then in the offseason before the diet.

This was the best I have ever looked in my life and I WILL NEVER got back to low carb dieting again before a contest. I wish I would've listen to Mike the years prior to that - I F***ed up so many shows its not even funny." - Markus R.

No comments: